Research and Nuclear Infrastructure Development
The Research and Nuclear Infrastructure Development (RNID) directorate currently headed by Prof. Arabi Suleiman Abdullahi was established to handle all matters relating to the administration of research in the development of a national infrastructure for nuclear power programme. RNID Directorate comprises of two departments: Nuclear Infrastructure Development Research (NIDR) and Nuclear Applications Research Development (NARD).
The Directorate was created to manage all activities of the commission with regards to nuclear infrastructure development as well as the various activities surrounding research reactors applications in line with the mandate of the commission.
ACTIVITIES OF THE DIRECTORATE
- The directorate, as part of its mandate has been coordinating and participating in various activities organized either by the commission or by a stakeholder organization locally and internationally. The directorate has also overseen expert missions jointly organized by the commission and the IAEA.
- The under listed are some of the major activities of the directorate:
- Industrial survey participation in both MPRR & NPP
- Stakeholder participation in both MPRR & NPP
- The coordination of the expert mission on integrated
research reactor infrastructure assessment (IRRIA) mission.
- The coordination of feasibility studies on MPRR
- The organization of stakeholder’s involvement and
participation in the MPRR programme.
- The coordination of local industries participation for both
NPP and MPRR programme
- Coordination of the carrying out of a comprehensive
survey of stakeholders and participating industries for
both NPP and MPRR programmes
- The development of the national strategic plan document
for stakeholder involvement and industrial participation.
THE MAJOR AREAS ARE:
R&D Policy and Planning
Nuclear Policy and experiences on self-reliance Technology
Radiation Technology Development Program
Nuclear Infra Construction Program
Nuclear Technology Development Program
Nuclear Power and Nuclear Fuel Cycle Technology
Neutron Beam Research
Neutron Irradiation Research
Operation & Development
Non-destructive Testing Technology.
Radioactive Waste Management Technology.
Radioisotope Production and Radiation Application Technology
Safety Assessment and Management